For this assignment, I decided to create a poster using a PowerPoint slide. It gave me the opportunity to play around in PowerPoint some more and to use it to create something other than a slide show. I created a poster for Information Literacy Awareness month in a fictional library. The poster is 36" wide by 25" tall and is intended to be printed on a large printer like what my library uses to print its posters. The poster is for advertising an upcoming Literacy Awareness program in a public library. I am currently experimenting on creating other publications using Word and possibly Publisher for my Multicultural Materials for Children/YA class. I am creating a program for Hispanic Heritage month about the Mexican-American culture. For this project I have to create materials such as brochures, bookmarks, etc. that I would use for an actual program. Once I am finished with these publications, I will post an example or two to this blog.
One of the things that I did find tricky about creating a poster from a PPT slide is the sizing. I ended up creating the poster before I customized the size. Once I made these changes, it messed up several elements of my poster. I then had to go back and readjust the size of text, placement of decorative elements, and so on so they would be visible on the large poster. So, I learned that if I ever create a poster from a PPT slide in the future, I need to make sure to format it before I begin adding content.
Below is a link to the poster I created. Click on the icon to be taken to Windows Live. Once there, click on the icon again to open the PDF version of my poster from Windows Live.
About Me
Blog Archive
2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment